In this local SEO keyword research video, you’ll learn how to uncover the most profitable local keywords for your business.
This is a step by step over the shoulder video showing you exactly how to uncover every possible keyword within your local area. No stone is left unturned with the process you’ll learn in this video.
An overview of the process:
1. Coming up with broad search terms related to your industry and merging it with the location you operate in.
One of the examples we go over in this video is the plumbing niche.
We start off with the broad search term “plumbing” and add the location we operate in (in this example it’s plumbing in London)
2. We search for “plumbing in London” and discover other local plumbers that are ranking on the first page.
3. We take the exact URL that’s ranking on page one and throw it into SEMrush to discover every other keyword that exact URL is ranking for.
Free 7 day SEMrush trial: http://bit.ly/FreeSEMrushTrial
4. We then export the list of organic keywords for that exact URL
5. Once the full list of keywords has been downloaded onto our computer, we import the list into Google sheets.
6. We get rid of the irrelevant columns such as keyword difficulty, previous position and so forth. But we keep the search volume column.
7. We then sort through the keywords and decide which ones are a good fit and are likely to be profitable to go after.
8. We repeat this process with the remaining competitors we found on page one.
All in all, this method of keyword research is extremely simple to follow and will help you uncover some local keywords that you might have never thought of.
Like with any other keyword research method, this process takes time. But like we’ve mentioned in prior videos, keyword research is the foundation of any SEO campaign and will determine the levels of success you achieve.
Subscribe for new videos every Tuesday: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuFFJgU9U-DCpfF1oY28SIg
Video Rating: / 5